Ah, what a relief we have had with this wonderful, exquisite, amazingly thankful for rain that has fallen recently. I would honestly rather try in vain to keep the rampant growth of weeds to a manageable level than watch helplessly as my much loved plants wither and die.
What did I lose this season:
- tomato plants–not all but several just refused to grow correctly
- beans–blah on the beans this summer
- strawberries–you should know that I am very sad about this. very sad.
But, what’s still alive??
- broccoli–what? the broccoli is alive and thriving, folks.
- cabbage. I don’t know what’s going on with that either.
- chamomile–I expected this beautiful and odoriferous plant to have perished long ago. I guess the rye WAS good for something. 🙂
- thyme, basil, lavender, etc.
Feeling much better since the temps have retreated from the high 90s.
Shhhhh…it’s a secret, but I’m in the middle of an awesome gardening project while James is away. I’ll post photos when it’s complete. It’s gonna be great!